Schaeffler has developed a range of high-precision, compact driven linear units, including integrated linear actuators and linear tables, for applications such as automated handling systems.
The company’s standard linear actuators comprise an aluminium support rail that is claimed to provide high rigidity.
For special application requirements, Schaeffler offers a variety of linear actuators that provide additional functionality. These include telescopic actuators, which can be telescopically extended on both sides, with the maximum stroke length more than twice the total length of the unit.
Schaeffler’s linear tables are designed for the movement of moderate to heavy loads with short stroke lengths combined with high positional accuracy.
• Actuators with opposing carriages can be supplied, where two carriages moving in opposite directions are driven by a toothed belt.
• Linear actuators with integral gearboxes can also be provided, where the return unit comprises an integrated planetary gearbox, which eliminates the need for a coupling and coupling housing.
• Non-driven linear tables are available if required.
• Linear tables can be supplied with accelerations up to 50m/sec² and speeds of up to 2.5m/sec.
• The maximum length of a single-piece profile is 1.5m.
• Driven linear units can be supplied with a variety of accessories, such as fasteners and retainers.
• They can also be supplied with a range of drives and controls, including couplings, gearboxes, motors, servo controllers and sensors.