Schroeder Valves celebrates 125 years of business this year. The history of the global specialist for protective pump fittings began in 1889, when Heinrich Schroeder established H. Schroeder & Co. in Gummersbach, a rural community east of Cologne, Germany. Up to the end of World War II, the company manufactured agricultural equipment.
In 1950, Schroeder started to design and produce protective pump fittings. In the subsequent decades, the company expanded and optimized its portfolio with several new developments. Today, Schroeder Valves offers a wide range of products, from throttles and automatic recirculation valves to high-pressure control valves.
Throughout its history, Schroeder remained family-owned and operated, with Axel Muecher taking over the leadership in 2005 after the retirement of his father. Under Axel Muecher’s leadership, Schroeder successfully pursued international expansion and grew rapidly. In 2010, the company opened the doors to a new factory, which doubled its operating capacity.