The company is one of the oldest valve manufacturer in Italy. Since 1950 design and manufacture were concentrated on lubricated plug valves in standard and inverted pressure-balanced designs. For 40 years the company operated successfully improving its skills and capabilities, up to the beginning of the ‘90s when the company was liquidated due to market changes and the growing attention of the owners to forgings and ball valves production.
In 1998 the activity found a new beginning with the name “La Valvomeccanica S.p.A.”, incorporated in Solbiate Olona (VA) as a public limited company specialized in small and medium ball valves. In the same year, “RMT Valves s.r.l.” was established in Voghera (PV), as a trading company supplying service to major worldwide Engineering & Construction companies for all types of on-off valves: ball, gate, globe, check, butterfly and plug. In 2008 the good collaboration between the two companies led to the merger of the two companies into “RMT Valvomeccanica s.r.l.”.